Debt Consolidation Loans For Bad Credit In UK Debt Consolidation Loans For Bad Credit In UK

Find out more on Debt Consolidation Loans For Bad Credit In UK Now!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reverse Mortgage for Pearl Harbor War Hero

By Johnwahn Vanrock

I'm going to take a break today from my normal article writing. My usual article consists of some beneficial learning material concerning the reverse mortgage.

Today we shall do something different. The reason is yesterday I spoke to an individual who absolutely made my day.

About me real quick. I'm 40 and have love for history of all kinds, particularly 20th century history. Of course, the History Channel was my favorite spot until they abandoned their former programming to speculate about UFOs.

Well, I was in for some luck. I spoke to a gentleman for about an hour about getting a reverse mortgage.

At the end of the conversation he mentioned where he was stationed back in 1948. That was close enough to WWII so I had to ask if he served during the war. Notice he didn't just tell me...

He affirmed that he served in WWII and was in Pearl Harbor the day the Japanese attacked.

Immediately, my ears perk up. Now I'm talking to one of just a few who still remain from that historic day.

Not only was he there but he was on the West Virginia when it was hit by seven torpedos. He said he looked out the port hole and could see them coming just before they hit.

I didn't get into the gory details of the battle, but he was wounded badly. In fact he blacked out and woke up in a pile of dead bodies. Apparently, he was presumed dead himself. His family was actually notified of his death.

His family proceeded to conduct a memorial service.

Skeptical me... When I left the call I Googled his name and Pearl Harbor. Sure enough, there he was with story he just told me.

I don't have much of a point here other than it was a great phone call, at least for me. I felt like I had a little brush with history in the form of an American hero.

From my perspective the reverse mortgage business was the conduit for a shlub like me to speak to the last of a dying bread. It was a great experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home